Accountability -- Day 6


The day after extensive rain. I had some vague plans to go to the gym, but couldn't seem to move much in that direction. Got part way through straightening up my home office when I realized I was spinning my wheels.

Jumped in the car and went to the grocery store, where I managed to pile up about $200 worth of food and "stuff" before I escaped. I hadn't shopped for two weeks, except for occasional forays in search of bananas, so $200 seemed okay. By the time I got home, unpacked my goodies, and had some lunch, Z was deep into the Formula I race on TV that he'd recorded last weekend.

When he finished I switched over to the A's game, which ended with my teaming beating Seattle. No time to catch my breath, then--on came the Warriors! They triumphed over the Spurs in a lively nail biter of a game. Yes, it was a sports-watching, couch-potato-ing kind of a day Chez Elaine and Z. Even Danny Mo was lethargic.

What I did: Not much. Only recorded about 6300 steps. On days like this I like to say "I was listening to my body," but truth be told, I was being a bump. 

When and where I did it: Most of the day, right here at home. I did go for a walk around the 'hood after dinner--the air felt fresh and divine. I love to see the lights glowing through the curtains in other peoples' windows. The cool mid-evening darkness seems to coddle the sleepy people in their cozy dens. Peaceful, in a way that the daily news belies.

How it felt: Not bad, but too guilt inducing to rate a high mark. I'll give it a 6.


Photos: How about photo, singular? A snap of the fence that runs along our driveway and a showy bush that bent over it in post-rain splendor.

That's it -- here's hoping tomorrow will be a bit livelier than today --

Keep on running!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?