Accountability -- Day 19

Okay, I admit it. I'm counting the days until the end of my accountability blogathon. It's been a challenging but fun enterprise. It's had some of the characteristics of other commitments I've made: It's been a joy. It's been a pain. I've felt it went well. I've felt it went awful. It's helped me feel confident about myself. It's made me cringe for exposing for public consumption the dope I can be.

As it's become popular to say, it is what it is. And anyway, as everyone knows, anything you put on the internet only stays there for, for...well, forever.

I looked carefully as I walked across the street, but didn't sight any hot dogs.


Meanwhile, it's Day 19. Here's the news that might make you snooze:

What I did: Still not much. Every day I feel a bit better and so today I was encouraged. I'm easily making my 10,000 steps--this morning I walked to the Pleasant Town farmer's market and back, and have run other pedestrian (in both senses of the word) errands as the day's gone on.

Hey! someone photo-bombed my tree portrait!
When and where I did it: Went to the farmer's market around 9:30 am. What a gorgeous brisk and breezy day! Yesterday I declined to drive a car on Earth Day, so today I didn't drive one either. I realize I'm living a blessed, retired life to be able to make that choice.

How it felt: Not a 10, for sure, but way up from last Tuesday. Maybe a 7.5 today. Tomorrow I go for a walk / run, and that will help me assess the extent of my pain or lack thereof.


Photos: My photo brain slumbers a bit when I'm only walking. When I run, and all my sensory neurons start firing, I see things much more photographically. Until I was in my 30's I thought I was strictly a verbal (not visual) person. How wrong I was! My experience in that regard has led me to believe that we're all of us equipped with miraculous eyes and can enrich our lives by knowing that and using them with exquisite discrimination. Not to dis speaking and writing, of course--far from it. What kind of a writer would do that?


Keep on running!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?