Accountability -- Day 14

I don't quite know how I managed to title two posts in a row "Day 11," but I did. I have corrected my mistake, which means now I'm on Day 14, not Day 13. Why do I feel like I've pulled a fast one? I guess I haven't, but don't all runners want to pull a fast one? Or at least run a fast one?

Anyway, I'm getting into a groove on this daily writing thing. Although I have to admit it has had the effect of slowing down my novel writing. But I'm over the halfway hump in the accountability department and fully expect to transfer my groove habit over to the book when I hit the nonexistent blog called Day 22. 

So what about today? Well, here's the "What I did" section: The day's not over, but I've been fairly sedentary. Only at 6350 steps, despite having walked about a mile to the mailbox and back to send in our tax payment. Also, I shelled peas (see above) but didn't get any step credits for it. Maybe it was a bit aerobic? Uh, maybe not, though my hands did get a pretty fast-paced workout by the time I was through.

Where and when I did it: When the definition of your activity is "was sedentary," you probably did it around the house and did it for most of the day. That's the case for me, all right.

How it felt: Okay, but not great. My preference is to be more active but I need to admit up front that I'm pretty stiff and tired after my 10K. Even though I only came in 5th out of 7 in my age group, my effort level was high. 

See the screen grab of my results and you will understand why I want to turn 70 sooner rather than later. I was the oldest runner in my AG--the second oldest was 64 and actually finished behind me. Hard as it is for me to believe, after scanning the results for all 136 females in the race, I realized was the oldest one. If I'd been 70 I would have come in first!

(What really blows me away is that scanning the entire results, the oldest male finisher I could find was 64. That means I was 5 years older than any other runner in the race! Granted it was a small field--only 270 total, but still.)

All I can say is, people, people, keep on running!!


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?