Accountability -- Day 2

Did you really think I wouldn't show? On only the second day of this 21-day commitment? It never crossed my mind to bail when it's only Day 2. 

Anyway, the 15-minute timer is going, which is my advance excuse for any typos, grammatical gaffes, or unintelligible writing herein!

What I did: In the morning, took BART into Berkeley where I picked up my newly checked-up bike. Had breakfast with a friend. 



In the women's loo of the restaurant where we ate I was struck by this painting of what appeared to be a city under attack. Seemed an odd piece to put in a bathroom. Anyway, then it was back on BART with said bike. I rode it from the Pleasanton station home, which was 4 miles. It went into the shop because of a wobble--was happy to get it back more or  less wobble-less.

The next activity on the agenda was to BART to Lake Merritt around 6 pm. I met with the GoWow women for some Cascade Stair climbing and a run around the lake. Just got home about an hour ago--which explains why I'm up past my bedtime writing this.

I was a bit beat during the Lake Merritt run, but was able to dog it for a minute when I stopped to take a picture of these cuties (click to enlarge).

That's the main gist of my day's activities. I had fun--who knows what else I should say, with only 2 minutes left to write. Hmm. May have to visit the timer thing later. Oh yeah, I ran/walked the steps 3 times, plus I ran a total of 3 miles for the night.

Final piece of information: If you're going from the Lake Merritt BART Station over to the lake, Laney College has decent bathrooms, which make a convenient a stopping place before a run.

This post didn't start out to be about bathrooms, but it seem that it did end up that way. Sorry about that!

See you tomorrow. Keep on running!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?