Accountabillity -- Day 18


   The sky bestows a benediction of rain--Earth Day!



People do care; witness the storm drain warning. That warm fuzzy feeling you get from seeing the warning may be mitigated a bit when you notice the random street trash heading for the grate.




Plants, courtesy of the planet.


Oh yes, running. I guess I'm feeling like what really old people would call a flibbertigibbet, that is (to switch to a more contemporary vernacular), like I'm having trouble staying on task.

What I did today: Walked over to the gym in the lovely rain. I briefly got on the elliptical machine to see whether I might be able to use it as a stand-in for running. Nothing hurt, so I'll go over there tomorrow and see if I can ellip a few miles. What? Ellip isn't a verb? 

I asked Heather the taskmaster (taskmistress?) not to tax my sore lower left side, and she complied. What I forgot to tell her was not to punish my other body parts, either!

When and where I did it: 10:00 am PDT. Where I was? Fabulous Platinum Fitness, of course. It really is a great place--nothing about it that feels even slightly meat-markety, even though it does serve a number of fit and comely men.

How it felt: As those things (meaning strength-training workouts) go, it was good. As usual, I was tired later in the day. I'm sure there's someone who could tell me why a gym workout is so fatiguing; my workouts are never lengthy, so you'd think recovery would not be lengthy either. But it usually takes me until the next day, at least, to come fully back to life.

Photos: One street shot, one vegetation shot, and, to the left, one more photo, apropos of nothing except my love of the A's. I took a picture of the TV screen when I saw Sonny Gray and his baby son. Little fat-cheeked kid. In the spirit of this day, here's hoping we can leave a clean and healthy world for him to grow up in.



Keep on running!





Ps. -- I was pleased to see that "flibbertigibbet" is still in Webster's. Ya could look it up!



 



Comments

BoomerNV said…
Good writing and moving, whippersnapper!

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?