Accountability -- Day 21

Hard to believe three weeks have gone by. Even harder to believe this is my 21st (and final) Accountability post. I'll miss doing this but at the same time I'll be relieved not to dread the whizzing by of the hours that pass while I think about posting but don't.





I never foresaw many of the events of the past three weeks, including having to write about cutting back on my running in order to heal in time for the GG Relays this coming weekend. Going into Day 1, I had been running strong for a pretty long, uninterrupted time. Isn't this a sentiment that we all express one way or another many times throughout our lives? "I never foresaw...x, y, or even q. Let alone z." 

I don't have a lot to report in this, my last consecutive report. (Yes, I undoubtedly will continue to post sporadically in this space, just as I've done for more than 10 years.)

What I did: So far today, and today does not cease to go on just because this posting sequence ends, I've walked about 1.25 miles and taken a little spin on the stationary bike, to see how it feels. It felt good, and I'll do more of it. I didn't enter the walk mileage or the stationary bike duration in my hard copy log book, which you can see on the right. Years--decades, even--before electronic tracking and recording of workouts, I started keeping a paper log of every mile I ran. The graph you see above is now in the back of every yearly iteration of the Runner's Day-by-Day [year] Calendar. It's been in every yearly log for a short time--maybe only 15 years. I get a kick out of it. In my particular graph (click on it) you can see exactly how my mileage volume has looked week-to-week so far in 2016.

When and where I did it: I did my walk just before dawn. And I walked from our abode to the Circle K to pick up a newspaper (don't ask me about our saga with the ongoing non-delivery of the newspaper we pay for--I know you'll tell me to just read it online. I do that in a pinch, but it's not the same. (So just don't ask unless you're ready to risk getting burned by the steam coming out of my ears.)

How it felt: I guess "it" would be the walk, which was lovely. The rest of the day, not so lovely--I want to run. Soon, however, soon, I know.

Photos: See throughout. The one to the left shows a tree that is right on the edge of a massive apartment complex demolition currently underway down the street from us. I hope it is swathed and fenced off to protect it and not to keep it out of the way until it gets chopped down. I'm going to think the former.

That's all, folks. Don't make me come back here to tell you again (and I only do it because I love you): KEEP ON RUNNING!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?