Accountability -- Day 13

I need to get this post written while I'm still upright. I am so ready for a nap. A righteous nap, I think. I did run the Pleasanton Run for Education this morning, and when I say "run," I mean that's just what I did. I just never felt like taking a walk break, so I didn't.

One nice thing about a run for education is seeing so many healthy and friendly young people. I wish I had gotten their names.





What I did: Finished a 10K in an unofficial time of 1:11:28, which included a final mile run at 11:26. Not exactly blinding speed, but it got a smile out of me. Not at the time I ran it, of course, seeing how I was focused on just covering ground. I beat the only other 10K I've run in 2016, the Bay Breeze Run in Hayward, in which I ran 1:12:41. A quick "yay" before I tell you that 10K's I did in 2013, 2014, and 2015 were all faster than today's run. You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you get what you need. Think that line might sound good in a song? Nah.

All I know is that this is Eric the Eagle.
When and where I did it: The race, along with a 5K and a 15K, started at the fair grounds. The 10K got underway at exactly 7:35, as advertised. To me that was impressive.

How it felt: Really good. I kept waiting for my energy to flag and make it seem prudent to quit pushing so hard but it never happened. I ramped up a bit in mile 5 and just never ramped back down ("ramped down" -- really??)

Photos: An indication of my race-centered-ness today is that I took only one photo before the start and one after the finish. So what you see is all I got. I gots no more, and that also means I gots no more to say here today!

Keep on running, friends!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?