Accountability -- Day 11

Bonus photo: Blue Moon Odem, Vida Blue, Dave Stewart, and Rickey Henderson
throw out ceremonial first pitches on Jackie Robinson Day for MLB. As seen on TV!


Tired puppy. One definition of accountability is when a tired puppy manages to act like a big dog long enough to fulfill a commitment, whether it's burying a bone or writing a blog post. So, I come not to bury this Day 11 report but to write it. It may get accomplished more easily if the puppy (the writer) drops this mixed and unwieldy metaphor.

How was today? Glad I asked myself. It was good, but felt rushed.
Felt kind of weird to sit in a single row of seats.

What I did: Dawdled over the Sudoku long enough after breakfast that I had to hurry to BART in time to squeeze in a visit first to the taxman and  then to the doctor, who were to be found some 10 miles apart, and still manage to get back to Pleasant Town before Z got home from work. I took BART for reasons I often do, that is, so I can walk from my destination station to my destination appointment and back again and also so I can grab 20-30 minutes of reading time in each direction. (Upside: no dealing with the vagaries of freeway traffic. Downside: dealing with the vagaries of BART.)

[Can anyone tell me why the adjective is vague but the noun has no "ue" in it? Ah, the wonderful vagaries of the English language.]
El Cerrito Hill with parking lot. This one's nice but not aht.

When and where I did it: Went first to El Cerrito BART and walked to and from John the fabulous tax man's; then went to MacArthur BART and walked to and from the mighty medical edifice of Kaiser. Left home before noon--didn't get back until after 5!

How it felt: Good. I wanted to be running, but held off on this day out of respect for the little run I'll do tomorrow morning and then the 10K I'll do right here in Pleasant Town on Sunday. For a non-running day I'll give this one a 6.5. The .5 is for the braised tofu burrito bowl from High Tech, served sans tortilla, that Z brought home for dinner. 

Here's an aside that might seem unrelated to running, but actually is not. Tomorrow one of my good friends is marrying her sweetheart and I'm very happy for her. The running part of this is that I still remember clearly how, for her 50th birthday, she asked her friends to run with her through Wildcat Canyon to Inspiration Point at Tilden. I can still feel the fresh wind that blew away all our cares as she and Z and I stood exhilarated atop the ridge between the two end points. A milestone day, that one, with another one coming up tomorrow!

Photos: You're on your own to, yes, see above, pal. I'm outta here.

Keep on running!












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?