Dog-Day Running

Still getting out frequently and doing the old left-right, although the experience has changed a bit over the years. Sometimes I still go back to the Bay Area and run-walk with my running peeps, but most days you'll find me run-walking in my West Sacramento neighborhood with a small black buddy. We're not the speediest pair, but we have our fun! This morning, before the heat set in, Charlie and I covered 1.42 miles. Woo hoo! I'm pushing her gradually to get up to two miles per outing. I'm ashamed to tell you that I love talking doggie baby talk with little Charlie--after all, she only weight 11 pounds, which is kind of baby-sized, right?

If it takes talking about "walkies" and "sniffies" with her to give me incentive to get out the door, I'm in. Sometimes I sing little songs to Charlie when nobody else is around. Like the old favorite, 

D-d-d doggie, beautiful doggie, you're the only d-d-dogie I adore;

When the m-moon shines over the cowshed,

I'll be waiting at your d-d-doggy doo!


Keep on running, y'al!



 
 

Comments

Anne Olson said…
Whatever your incentive is great. You need to slowly work back up to your old expectations. Sneak up on those expectations! Hope to see you soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?