Trying to Make Lemonade

What am I meant to learn from the challenges being thrown at me these days? That I am strong. That I am loved. That life goes on and can be good. My favorite nephew congratulated me for making lemonade when I'd been handed lemons--not sure his belief about me is justified, but I deeply appreciate the notion. Plus, I have an actual lemon tree in front of the house, so I've been practicing my tangy-beverage making.

My ribs have healed up well. I'd say I'm at about 95%. I'm glad my minor medical matter is clearing up so I can turn my energy to a more major one: Z is scheduled for big-time surgery on March 31. He is calm; I am calm. Aaaaaaack! Oops, I meant of course I'm serene. The procedure he faces, which involves patching up some crucial circulatory parts, is a common one, and the success rate is high. But still. Send good vibes our way, if you'd be so kind.

In other matters, I did run 10 miles Saturday. The run itself went well--I went down to the Bay Trail and into Cesar Chavez Park. It had rained hard Friday night, so there were many puddles. And the birds were ecstatic in the sunshine!
The trails were waterlogged and in some cases completely blocked. I didn't let it stop me, but I did get wet feet.

Sunday morning I woke up feeling crummy. Tired. Whiny. Bad stomach!

Felt bad Monday too, but went to work. Today, Tuesday, I'm coming back to life. Still didn't go for a run, but did take a long walk in the Fruitvale area on my way to a morning appointment. Who knew there were two parks along my route?

One near a fenced-off reservoir, where stately palms paraded...

...and one in a little canyon, where the trees had turned lacy and the birds chirped with joy.

I keep reminding myself that life is good. It is the season of renewal. We're off to see baseball in the Valley of the Sun next week, and I've been prepping this week by watching the WBC. Don't even tell me if you're not watching it. I give you credit for more sense than someone who would miss it!

Comments

Gorgeous Nerd said…
It's so beautiful in your area of the world. It's still very dead and bleak here, but thanks to your pictures and the barest hints of spring that are starting to pop up, I'm feeling optimistic.

My best to you and Z. I've been keeping you both in my thoughts.
Elaine Merrill said…
Nerd, you are gorgeous.
Anonymous said…
I have to agree with both the previous comments on this post. ;)

Your northern Nevada sends love and best wishes to you and Z. Take care and know that we are thinking about you.
Anonymous said…
This is what I get for posting so early in the morning. My last comment should have said, "your northern Nevada family..." :)
Sunshine said…
Will be remembering you both at the end of March .. and Z's surgery. You two are real people we have actually MET!!

I don't think the world is a "set up" where we are "supposed to learn stuff".. but that's just me.
You are one great lemonade lady.

Loving your CA pictures as we slumber yet in winter.

Popular posts from this blog

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?