My Life in Pictures


Last Saturday I ran with the running club. We started at Lake Merritt and then headed up the hill into Piedmont. My ribs didn't hurt very much--it was my best run since my biking mishap. I got a bit lost, but there were street signs, and I had a map.


I finally made my way back down the hill, so I ran around the lake before calling it a day. The rain held off as I stopped briefly to take another photo. Across the water, the small white building directly behind the fountain is the Lake Merritt Hotel, where Z and I spent our wedding night almost seven years ago.


Monday I headed out from work and ran along the Embarcadero in SF. Unlike on Saturday, Monday the rain came down in buckets. As I ran around the staduim of that Bay Area baseball team that isn't the Oakland A's, I reflected that it was indeed a good day for ducks. And for seals.



Last but not least, I was out on the Ohlone Greenway this morning. The rain had only just stopped, and the world was wonderfully clean. All puddles and blossoms and birdsong.







Not much more to tell. I'm looking at a 10-miler this weekend, the nature of which will let me know how ambitious to make my plans for racing in May.






Comments

Gorgeous Nerd said…
I'm glad to hear that the ribs are healing. Also, the pictures are lovely, as usual.
Elaine Merrill said…
Thanks for all your kind words.
Bob said…
Not sucking up here but your blog is one of my favorites, especially when you add pictures. You have a good eye (which figgers considering your background but still...).
And glad to hear about the ribs. Does that mean you'll be back to riding the mechanical bulls here soon? ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?