It's About the Optics

I saw the most incredible moon yesterday morning, a mesmerizing searchlight slowly sinking toward the horizon. I snapped a photo, which came out looking like it had been taken under water. The lesson here: When your lens is smeared, you will have trouble capturing the world around you with any clarity.

I realize my camera's lens isn't the only one that's been mucked up lately--in the last few days my baby blues have been seeing a lot that's out of focus. So I'm working every day at calling on my metaphorical lens cleaner to help scour my vision clean.

Mental lens cleaner ingredients:
  • plenty of sleep
  • plenty of exercise
  • good, healthful food in moderate portions
  • the love of family and friends
  • hard work
  • a cookie now and then
My prescription calls for ingesting all these things with frequency.

And if the prescription doesn't always work, I may sic my watch-cat on whatever's haunting me. It's obvious when you see this guy that he is guarding me against the big bad world, ready to pounce at the first sign of danger.

Comments

Sunshine said…
Love the kitty picture.

Cataracts make the moon fuzzy for me.
I wear my sunglasses and eat my dark leafy greens now.

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?