Spring Has Sprung

It is spring in SF. Coming in early to work I walked past a glassy Bay.


But I don’t want to skip a short report on my Arizona trip, which was last weekend but is already receding into memory.

I haven’t downloaded my people pictures (taken with the “real” camera), but do have these few landscape, which were taken on one of the two morning runs I did.

It was one of those magical dawns where the sun followed close on the heels of the moonrise. Needless to say, the brighter light soon chased the dimmer.

I ran in Papago Park, which is increasingly surrounded by an urban morass but remains a lovely pocket of desert. Cottontails and jackrabbits abound (and bound), while quail scuttle under spiky bushes. Did a little mild hill-climbing, enjoying the cushioned surface of soft dirt.

There's that moon again, holding its own for a few more minutes.

I turned in at the Desert Botanical Garden and found a sweet rock-bordered path to follow for a short way.


At the end of the trail I found this sign--don't know what it means, but I thought it was intriguing.

The Arizona trip made a welcome break for Z and me from the unsettling time we're living through. I don't want to be cryptic in this blog--using "looming event" and "stress" as words from an unbroken code--so here's what's up: At the end of this month Z is having major surgery. We know it is necessary for him and we have great faith that it will go well and result in an improved quality of life for us both, BUT... we can't help but be uneasy.

Facing the unknown requires a leap of faith that we are willing (eager) to make. But trips to a warm clime are a boon, as are therapeutic stroking sessions featuring a certain Danny Mo. You knew a cat picture was coming!

Comments

Sunshine said…
Sweet Kitty!
Awesome Arizona..
And on-going best wishes for the end of March and the surgery.
We saw that sunrise/moon set here, too.. Lovely.

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?