Breathing In, Breathing Out

It can't really be March 29. All I can do is say, well OK, and post a few photos that have been piling up. After I do, it's off for a little 10-miler by the Bay.

A week ago Friday I had a great little SF run, north along the Embarcadero. It was a perfect spring day.

I made it to the top of the hill, where I joined the other tourists snapping pictures from a scenic overlook. That's the GG Bridge w-a-a-a-y in the background, Ft. Mason in the foreground.

Last Sunday, I did my longest run to date in this current training that is targeting the Ave. of the Giants Marathon, on May 3. I did the old run/walk--run 15 minutes, walk 1 minute--for most of the 15.41 miles. This photo was taken the following day because on the actual run I managed to disable both my camera-phone and my digital watch. Typhoid Mary works out. (Ps. They are both working again.)

Later in the week I went out for speed. Blinding speed in my case, of course. Hee hee. Anyway, I passed this beached boat along the way. When I get myself out the door, I never know what I'm going to see.

In other news, Z's surgery has been moved to April 3, which is next Friday. To be OK during this time. I'm working on staying present in my mind and in my body. Yesterday I went for my first real swim of the year. My ribs enjoyed the stretching, and even that old war injury (from almost three years ago) in my shoulder let me know it was present. Being present is really my only choice, although I'm amazed at how often I lose sight of that.


Comments

Gorgeous Nerd said…
I'm glad to see another post, and to see that you're still getting out there. My thoughts are still with you and Z, of course.
Sunshine said…
Blessings, love, prayers... hoping all has gone well.

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?