Photo Taken From a Runaway Bus

Cue the scary music. Kidding--it only looks like I was on a runaway bus, courtesy of my superior photographic equipment. I may win some kind of award for special effects, you think? Anyway, this was taken from the (non-runaway) bus window two days ago as I traveled home from work over the Bay Bridge. The time was 5:29 p.m. The point of the picture is to testify that yes, daylight is definitely lingering a little longer at the end of each day, if for the most part imperceptibly. And this means that spring is on the way and along with it sunny early morning runs and baseball on TV (and even baseball in real life now and then).

In case you weren't bored enough by the bridge-view picture, in keeping with the transportation theme, on the left is a plane up in the wild blue yonder I spotted not long ago . Really, there is a plane. See, up in the sky. This is an unremarkable photo unless you start thinking hard about the improbable number of human beings that were w-a-a-a-y up there in that caricature of an aircraft when I took the photo. Bridges, buses, planes--cell phone cameras, for that matter. How I take all this technology for granted!

At this point I feel bound to confess that these mooooooving pictures are posted because although I've worked out twice recently, I haven't taken any new photos. If I had, you'd see that I went for my best run in more than a month on Thursday. I did wear my knee brace but almost didn't need it. The early morning was cool and clear and I felt at peace in my body. A nice change from the almost belligerent way I've been executing my runs since I came up lame in November. (Note that in talking about my hostile attitude even the verb I use is violent.)

You'd also see a picture of me at the gym this morning, floating gingerly along on the elliptical machine at level 3 for only a half-mile and then row, row, rowing the boat machine at a ridiculous resistance level for an unremarkable 300 meters. In other words, I've been taking it easy.

I did go to the doctor yesterday and she referred me for an X-ray and for physical therapy. Between my body's natural inclination to heal and the support of an eager health-care team, the old gray mare may eke out a few more days, weeks, months, years of doing the old heel and toe. I intend to stay tuned to find out what happens next!


Comments

Sunshine said…
Keep on going, Dear One!! You are inspiring, and I, for one, appreciate you.

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?