Water World, Etc.

This picture is really only a "Kilroy was here" thing, a marker to show that I really did go swimming this morning. Note my trusty bike tied up, there in the lower left-hand corner.

An early morning swim can be a wonderful thing. I, a rather generic human, on good days feel a profound and magical oneness with the watery world of a swimming pool, chlorine-soaked though it is. I don't think I'm alone in this. I've yet to encounter a non-mellow post-swim woman in the locker room.

Nakedness, the great equalizer, emphasizes how much alike all of us are who thrash around in the nurturing turquoise bath of King Pool. Although we inhabit a wide range of bodies (old! young! fat! thin! short! tall! black! white!), all of our bodies come identically equipped to slip into the water and take miraculous refuge in the environment of our shared origins. During our swim hour we are a uniform pod of dolphins, sleek and graceful.

In other news, I've made an appointment with my medico for next week. Swimming is divine, biking is invigorating--but they're not running. Time to get my knee back. Stay tuned.

Apropos of nothing in particular (except, perhaps, the New Year), I'd like to share a great blog
post I found (via the Communicatrix) that will help you read a book every week this year. C'mon, now, it could be fun.

Finally, in the spirit of full disclosure, I'm confessing that I borrowed the wonderful concept of making January the new December from the above-mentioned Communicatrix. By blogging every day she moves so fast and presents so many great ideas that my brain can't always keep up. When it falls behind, I'm liable to forget where I read the latest brilliant thing--I'm just happy if I don't forget the thing itself.


Comments

You run with it, girl. And I love "January is the new December"--it's better than what I came up with!

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?