The Party's Over

Back at work this week, in the wonderful world of advertising. Never a dull moment. (Or maybe all the moments are dull?) One advantage of my job is that I get to walk at least a mile and a half every day I work--more if I walk from my house to BART, as I did today. At this time I can use the exercise, since I am still not really running.

Yesterday morning early I went to the gym. I forgot my water bottle and did a hard workout anyway--as I finished up I realized I was disoriented and spacier than a starlet on drugs. I believe I was dehydrated, but it was scary. I met my friend R for breakfast and was barely coherent. I ingested a lot of water, sugar, and caffeine, and was more or less fine by the time I left for work around 11:30 a.m. Note to self: If you forget your water, drink from the water fountain. A lot.

I am still exercising patience, if not much else, because my knee is still hurt. My d-in-law-to-be said my description of my ailment sounded like IT band trouble, and she's a doctor so it must be true. I've been stretching and foam-rollering (yes, that's a verb--trust me, I'm a proofreader) the afflicted area and it seems to help some.

I'm on the verge of scheduling a sports massage and even going to the doctor. My Zen-like patience with not running is wearing thin. Ommm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?