Day 13 -- Short and Simple

Today's post is short because I need to go to sleep, and simple because my brain is incapable of complex thought right now. The latter seems like a positive for a writer trying to live in the here and now for 21 days straight. Well, the here is that I'm home after a day on the road to visit longtime friends, and the now is bedtime.

I was, in fact, pretty much absorbed in what was going on. Seeing friends that I've known for as long as I've known these three was something rare and precious to dive into and to savor. I try to collect reasons to be happy that I'm getting old, and having known and grown to love these three extraordinary people over multiple decades is certainly one large and joyous reason.

First I drove (in the rain) to Foster City to have breakfast with my old Reno buddy L.; then it was down through the Santa Cruz Mountains (in the rain) to visit my former college roommates M. and S.


The sun shone while we walked along the cliffs in Santa Cruz.

When I finally drove home, leaving at about 6 pm, the rain started as soon as I hit the southern Oakland border. Being alone in the car, I found no reason not to sing a couple of rounds of "Singin' in the Rain," and so I did. Remember? "I'm laughin' at clouds"--and so I was.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?