Continuing Cold With More Rain Likely

I need to get to work today but am checking in briefly to say that I'm having to face the reality of my ribs, which are continuing to hurt a week and a half after I creamed them in a freak bike accident. Fresh from taking two full non-running days, I ran about 5.5 miles this morning and was uncomfortable the entire way. Since I've been home (about seven hours), I've had persistent, specific pain in two ribs. Denial seems not to be working as well as I would like! So I'm going to take the next four days off and see how that goes. I'm signed up to run in the Couples Relay next Sunday, and may even have to beg off on that.

Trying to look on the bright side: At least the weather forecast calls for a rainy week. This morning I got soaked, so I should welcome having a very real excuse not to go out in the rain again right away. At the risk of repeating myself, however, I'd like to say that running in the rain just isn't that bad. Through the pain and the rain (oh, the drama!), today I soaked up the freshness of the world at dawn.

It was puddle-icious!

The seagulls liked it too.

This down time should allow me breathing room to write here about eating to run. I have a lot of work on my plate right now (not my favorite meal), but as I slave away in my bunny slippers, I should be able to gather my thoughts a bit during the inevitable gaps that will occur during my ongoing industry. I'm interested in the best foods for a runner to eat day to day, and also eager to come up with what works best to eat before and during a marathon or half marathon. All I can tell you is what I've tried and how well my choices have or haven't served me. If you have had some eureka! moments involving eating and athletics, please do pass what you've learned along to me.

Don't let me forget to say, Happy Valentine's day! As the Fab Four knew all along, all you need is love. (Ain't that the truth.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?