Quick One

So I did run this morning, my heart gamely beating within the sturdy cage of my bruised ribs. When I started out, the pain was about a 6 on a scale of 10--not so good. It felt like an unwanted red light blocking my running road.

But by the time I finished, however, the pain had gone down to a 4, which was eminently bearable. I took some Tylenol and, voila, felt fine.

Later in the morning I accompanied Z as he led a geocaching-themed walk for the Berkeley Path Wanderers, up in the Berkeley hills. I was so proud to see him sharing his enthusiasm with his eager audience. And because of the recent rains, we encountered some great puddles and lush plant life, including tree moss (below).
About two hours into the walk I decided to peel off and get back to my desk--sort of forgetting that I was almost three miles away from the house. I tramped on down to the flatlands anyway, and made it home in less than an hour no worse for the wear.

I'm going to run again either tomorrow or Monday. What I won't do is attempt any crunches--the ribs didn't like that.

Meanwhile, I'm thinking about nutrition and what I might say soon in this blog about eating to run. Some days I just think I run so I can eat (had peanut butter and blueberry jam on a whole wheat bagel today after my running and walking adventures--yum!).

Comments

Sunshine said…
Oh I do appreciate that picture. Thanks for sharing it.

Six on a scale of 10 sounds like an excuse to go back to bed. You are the hero of your training.
Bob said…
bruised ribs, nasty root canal...what exactly does it take for you to knock you down? :)

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?