This and That

This is me before I headed out for my long run two days ago. Note my stylish sunglasses. Also note the bib numbers posted on the mirror to serve as incentive to get out there and train.

Busy times lately! Z and I went to Reno for the wedding of my favorite nephew’s daughter, and an amazing time it was. The two photos below are worth a thousand (or more) words.




Five cousins, together for the first time ever. You can tell they're excited.

Brother and sister, reunited after a 16-year hiatus. Woo-hoo!

I squeezed in only one run during the trip. Intrepid and foolish though I am, after braving the freezing rain Friday morning I opted out of performing any more cold-weather masochism. The Friday run, however, was curiously lovely (see photos below), especially in retrospect.
Running in the cold rain wasn't as bad as it sounds. The world was painted with a gentle light.

The ice was starting to melt.

The park gazebo awaited spring.

As I ran home, in another part of town I passed some heroes deep in their final sleep. It reminded me that the Nevada state motto is "Battle Born." The Union needed silver and soldiers, and got them both.

Comments

Gorgeous Nerd said…
I geek out every time you post about running when you visit the area; I love all your posts, but I like seeing the way you see the Reno area in particular.

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself while you were here.

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?