Splish Splash

Feeling slightly more positive. I did go swimming today, for 20 minutes non-stop lap swimming. I went slowly and alternated between the breaststroke and the crawl, monitoring my hip and my back muscles as I went. When I finished I felt so wonderful to have oxygen in my blood once more! I realize I’m used to at least three long hits per week of heavy aerobic activity, and have been starving for it.

I have to say neither my hip nor the side of my back (my obliques? my traps?) feel much better than they did a week ago. I plan to call Dr. F. tomorrow and get either an appointment or referral for physical therapy. The old broad as Chester is getting really old. But at least I no longer feel like such a victim. I rode my bike to swimming and back today, and seem no worse for it. I guess I’ll postpone ordering that wheelchair. Sheesh, sometimes I’m such a big baby.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?