Every Little Breeze



Into work on a Saturday. Sitting here contmplating my recent up-down saga and feeling that, while it was a drama for me, in the larger light of what is important it was rather banal.

This conclusion came to me when I was watching Olympic figure skating on TV the other night and following, in a most desultory way, the convoluted personal stories of the athletes. I became overwhelmed by melodrama somewhere along the way, and I stopped wanting to know even one more detail. Well, if these gripping tales ring somehow trivial to me, then what do I hold important? What would be a meaningful enough story to stir me as profound? The answer can't be conjured, no doubt, in a facile blog entry such as this. But the question has got my attention. The answer might have something to do with the picture at the top of the page--think about that.

Don't get your hopes up--I'm nowhere near ready to abandon my blog. It is challenging to keep. I like that it forces me to write. But I'm not sure that the state of my right bum is a subject capable of evoking my deepest thoughts.

****

Tomorrow is my running club's Couples Relay, and I'll run it in partnership with my life's partner, although it may turn out to be the slowest 5-K I've done in years. Now THAT's not profound, but, for me anyway, it's provocative.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?