Breaking Up is Hard to Do



I have to remind myself I'm not an inactive person now, I'm an active person who is injured. Rode my bike out to the El Cerrito Bart station before work today (about 2.8 miles) and, of course, will ride back tonight.

Putting much weight on my injured hip is still painful, and my left obliques kept me awake last night. I had a better attitude yesterday -- was able to slow down and be more accepting -- but this morning I'm feeling that four days is long enough to rehabilitate. No, I am not very realistic about this. It is a lesson in being in the moment, for sure.

I know it takes about three weeks to lose fitness, so I'm still OK. I was going so strong that it just kills me to have it slip away. Trying to accept my challenges as friends, who offer me a precious chance to change and grow.

Comments

Bob said…
"Pain is weakness leaving the body"

...or....

"Pain is the body's reminder you don't eat enough chocolate"

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?