Account -- Ability, Day 7







Because I'm a fan of most kinds of locomotion, even locomotion at 30,000 feet above the earth, and because selfies are in vogue, here I present for your entertainment my own trendy selfie. You may not be able to pick me out in the above selfie, but take my word for it--that's me moving in a forward direction as I make my way back from SoCal last Sunday. I'm the one in seat 8-6. See?



Today's entry is a short one. Was out and about all day. The only part of the day that seems relevant to this blog is the part about going to my monthly visit to Kaiser PT. Khris, my PT guy, has been tolerant of my rehab lapses and running misdeeds, and supportive of my slow recovery, ever since I first met with him last June. (Yes, I've been fighting left hip-butt-leg pain since then. Do you wonder when I rejoice at run-walking four miles?)

This morning Khris took me into the PT gym and assessed my progress in strengthening the offending muscles. He's been especially attentive to my left glute--seems that it's been wanting to whimper and wither away. Amazing, however, that when I do the exercises Khris assigns, all the body parts in question start to shape up and fly--er, run--right.

Saturday I'm off to Reno, my home town, to run the Reno 5000 with my favorite nephew and his bride. I say, 3.1 miles = 1 piece of cake. Look for results Sunday or Monday in this space.

Have a wunnerful runnerful weekend! I know it's only Wednesday, but it seems okay on any day to wish you, readers, all three of you, to have a couple of happy and motion-filled days.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?