Account -- Ability, Day 3

This is really the fourth day of my 21-day blog adventure, but I'm calling it Day 3 because I really want to make 21 posts. It won't be ideal if my 21 days actually take 30 days to complete, but still that seems better than the prospect of writing on only 10 days out of 21 and still calling it 21. No cheating, self! 

If there's an excuse I might make for yesterday's lapse, the one I choose is that I was in transit. One cancelled flight plus one delayed flight equals a lot of time on my hands. That's my gate, below--a plane did eventually make its way to Gate C21. At the time I took this picture I wasn't making the connection between my commitment to 21 days my gate number 21.



So why didn't I notice the reminder sent to me in the form of an airport gate number? Because I chose to feel like a lot of time on my hands meant I could make significant progress on reading A Thousand Splendid Suns. This book is the May selection for the WSBC, aka the West Sacramento Book Club, which I founded a few months ago. The work is a gut-wrenching novel that traces the lives of two Afghan women caught up in the violent and horrific turbulence of the last few decades in their country.

While reading, I neglected to think about my self-absorbed first-world scribbling. Not a valid excuse for falling short of my stated goal of the big 21, true. But it's what I've got.

I did eventually get to Burbank, if you care to know. I was in bed before I remembered that I hadn't blogged. Doh!

But now here I am, writing, and telling myself that redemption is possible. To start this day right, I threw on my running duds this morning and was out the door around 6:30. I covered two miles, which is less than impressive, I concede, but much more impressive than staying comatose till 9:00 would have been.

Hope you all have a wonderful Day 3 or Day 4 (this present day, whatever you choose to call it).




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?