Here and There

Where have I been? Here and there, from high in the sky to down on the ground. I lay on my back and perused the clouds. Later, as I stretched I looked down at my feet and met a bug.
My runs have been early and good, for the most part, although my left knee is scolding me rather more than I'd like ever since my marathon. Full disclosure about this post: My real reason for creating it is to upload all the camera-phone photos I've accumulated in the last week or two. I've been too lazy to turn my Flicker site into a viable entity, but I do like seeing my images on-screen. The photos included here were most of them taken on a run (not all on the same run).

Last week I got really bored with the old BART path, which happens sometimes. One morning I headed due west and ended up at Cesar Chavez Park. You can see a photo of the SF skyline on the park website, but I kinda like mine better. Too bad the phone camera has such a wide-angle lens--seeing SF beneath the fog and all lit up by the dawn was better in person. I realize the function of the photo for me is to evoke a little bit of what I felt when I saw the scene in real life.
The same day I took the SF photo I also took the ducky picture below. Intrepid nature photographer stalks her prey with a cell phone. Whew. Lucky I survived my perilous journey into the wilds of West Berkeley. Truth to tell, I was amazed to get a photo of these quackers in which they are identifiable as avian in nature. If only I'd had has as much luck with the bug (see above). The bug is more like a Where's Waldo than are the ducks--at least they stand out a bit from their background.
The final image here isn't even from a run. I took it last Saturday when I went into SF to attend a class I'm taking. It's a bit of a drag having to go back into the city after having been there every Monday through Friday, but at least the class meets in a interesting neighborhood (South of Market very near Yerba Buena Gardens). The photo is of the new home of the Contemporary Jewish Museum. The facility is so new that the day I was there (June 8) was opening day of its first exhibition. The big blue square is what the museum identifies on its website as "an adaptive reuse" of the Jessie Street Power Substation. Masterful job by architect Daniel Libeskind!
Now that I've written about this place, I'll need to include it in the route of a future run. Because as all regular visitors to this space know, every bit of its content is always running related. Every bit!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?