Ballpark Figure

Yes, you could say I have a ballpark figure because it's a real gem--a diamond, just maybe. Better than a lump of coal.

Anyway, I did get my SF run in yesterday. Ran from work, which is at Levi's Plaza, along the Embarcadero to AT&T Park. Stopped to say howdy to Juan Marichal (above) and then headed back. A good run, except it seems to have exacerbated my chronic knee soreness. Running on concrete: not the best idea in the world; however, a better idea than not running at all.

I ended up working a 14-hour day yesterday, so was glad to get that running break. A bonus for working late was that the boss-o-the-evening took our orders for take-out from Il Fornaio, which is right down the block from the office. I had a salmon dinner to swoon for. The picture doesn't do it justice. It was so cute and savory, nestled in its biodegradable cardboard container. Not really health food, as it was swimming in butter. I managed to eat it anyway.

I've not much more to tell you tonight. I'm hoping to run tomorrow, assuming a good night's sleep will heal my knee. Today I kept busy, and the clouds that have been lowering in recent days seemed to recede from my brain and from my heart.

We've had wildfire smoke in the air for several days, but even that seem to dissipate a bit today. The solstice has passed and already the days seem to shorten. June (as in what is so rare as a day in) is almost gone. Time to soak up all the baseball I can! Z and I did go see the A's beat the Phillies on Wednesday. We sat in the cheap seats (obtained for $5 apiece by turning in a specially marked empty soda can), which turned out to be grrrreat. The field spread out before us, and we felt like giants in possession of a gargantuan game board. We managed to move all the pieces to the right places, and the A's prevailed.
This is the 28th season that I've been in love with A's baseball. I've learned to quit wondering why I'm so gripped by a sexist sport played by immature millionaires--there is no rational answer. So when I feel the excitement well up within me as the crowd roars, I don't question the feeling. It exists, and I can't make it go away (don't want to make it go away). So I just count this ability to feel such a sweet emotion as one of the blessings of being alive. Kind of like the blessing of being being able to love running!

Comments

Sunshine said…
The blessing of being able to love running.... OH that is SWEET!

Appreciated your post.. clicked on that nice lunch.. It enlarges well.

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?