Thaks to Charlie!

Long time, no blog. The pandemic, my advancing age, and my slug-atude have all contributed to my silence. But I'm still getting out there fairly often, although "run" has morphed into "run-walk." That said, I'm still strong and relatively fit -- just not as resilient as I once was.

Enter Charlie:




 











We have had her for a week now! She is wonderful in many ways, but the reason I am putting her in a blog post is that, as we've spent a number of of walkies together, she has let me know she wants to run. Not only that, she wants to run at my approximate pace. She is small, and has short legs, but her speed and my slowness work together well. 

She and I both will need to train carefully to ramp up our game, but she and I both are up for the challenge. She is the biggest pandemic blues chaser I could ever have hoped for. Confession: She is a lot of work, having spent her two-year life in a breeder kennel. The dynamics of family life seem seem unfathomable to her, but Charlie, Z, and I are up for turning her into a savvy house dog.

Hey, all -- keep on running no matter how graceless that activity may feel. Take it from me; grace ain't what it's all about.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?