Magic Time


First, above is another camera phone photo taken Sunday from the turnaround point of my long run. the view is from north of Richmond Harbor, looking south.

Second, about the magic time. That would be this morning, 6:15. Dark in Berkeley, with fog hugging the ground and shrouding the world in a gentle cloud. Magic! My run was the usual, down the Ohlone Greenway to Solano Ave. and back. I ran hard yesterday, and felt a little tug on my right achilles as I started off today, so I kept things easy and short.

Yesterday the course was north along the Embarcadero (starting at Green St.), past Pier 39 and Fisherman's Wharf. Then out the muni pier and back, then north up the beeg hill to the statue of what looks like a nun (must stop sometime and see what it really is). I stretched out on top of a wall, contemplated a nap, did 61 crunches (one for every year), got up, and jogged on back to the office.

That's it for now. Lots of work to do, a fresh day to do it in and to enjoy.

One note: A new element of my "fresh air" blog policy is that I've lifted all restrictions from the comments feature. You no longer have to be a Blogger member or a one-eyed, left-handed, vegan native of Altoona, Iowa, in order to comment. So flame away!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Amazing, amazing energy you have. And such a refreshing perspective on life, too. Very impressive.

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?