Ch-ch-ch-checking In

Wow. I got here. Only a few false starts.

Hmmm. Running. I did a fairly speedy 5.25 yesterday morning and didn't seem to feel any ill effects from my long run Sunday. Yesterday was Super Tuesday, the day of many primaries across our great land. My dilemma here is whether to come clean about who is the candidate I sent some good wishes toward as I did my left-right along the Greenway (see, running related). For now I'll just tell you this: I am a 61-year-old woman. One of the candidates was, well, a 61-year-old woman.

I've been crazy with work, and am using that as an excuse to let slide some activities that it would benefit me to perform. Funny, I don't have time for them, but the work isn't getting done at some faster-than-light pace.

Today I'm working on a book about the various ailments and accidents that the gubment decrees will qualify a person to receive disability. (Don't want to think about that while I'm running). One thing that strikes me is the number of medications and treatments I'm reading about that are available for every physical and mental dysfunction in existence. (Don't want to think about what they cost at any time, let alone while I'm running.) A bit of a counterbalance to this tome of woe is Quantum Healing, by Deepak Chopra, which I'm now reading in fits and starts. When I'm not having a fit or a start, I'm looking at the Guido Brunetti mysteries by Donna Leon. They don't seem to be a bad influence on my thinking, for the most part, although I do find myself sounding a bit like Marlon Brando in The Godfather now and then when I talk. Comes from reading a book where every character has an Italian name--Brunetti, Vianello, Claudio, Francesca, Paola, Giorgio, Gravini, and so on and on (much to my delight).

Anyway, I hope you like my new fresh-air-style blog. Have a great Wednesday, and may your candidate thrive, as long as she's the same as mine. Ciao!

Comments

Sunshine said…
Yes! She is!

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?