A Quick One

What a slippery slope this self-revelation may get to be! Department of TMI: Whenever I can I hose my feet and legs off after a run. I credit the cold water treatment with keeping my plantar faciitis at bay and my cranky left knee still supporting me. Those are my friends (my feet) to your right there captured on film -- on digits? -- yesterday morning after a dreamy dawn run under the blossoms. Yep, my nether digits as depicted digitally.

This post is set in green type (green digits?) in honor of the start of Spring Training. The A's show signs this year of changing from the really bad team of well-known players they were last year to a really bad team of no-names this year (although they did win today, powered by one of the few current Athletics to be mentioned in the Mitchell Report). I've had people ask, if the A's are always breaking your heart, why don't you pick a different team to follow? That's like saying, if your children drive you so crazy, why don't you just exchange them for others? (Note: My children do not drive me crazy and of course have never driven me crazy. Any reference to "my children" does not refer to my actual children.) If you don't think this entire paragraph relates to running, well, does it or does it not run on??

I'm off to bed. Longest run of the year coming tomorrow. If I live, I'll let you know how it went.

Comments

Sunshine said…
The garden hose remedy for plantar fasciitis sounds great. Glad it is working for you.

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?