About Today

Many days have come and gone since I last posted, but today is what I have, so today is what I'll write about. Funny thing about today--it seems to need context, which consists of days that are gone and days yet to come. Hmmm. Anyway! During some of those gone days I've had good runs and bad. In the most recent days I've felt mentally strong but physically out of sorts. I ran Friday and cut my planned 4.5 miler to 3 miles because I was running like a triceratops who laces up its Sauconys and sets out to run gracefully.

So this morning, still feeling somewhat less than fabulous, I set out around 6 o'clock to run as far as I felt like running. That was my stated purpose--in contrast to my usual obsessively set specific mileage goal. Today I had 8.0 in the back of my mind, but veered homeward early and then stopped when my watch said 5.25. It wasn't a great run, but t wasn't terrible. My feet, which for reasons unknown have been hot and aching lately, behaved.



Baby ducks at Aquatic Park. 

I saw some wonderful sights, fulfilling one of the intrinsic purposes of any run for me. 

    
A mural at San Pablo and Hearst, one that I've never noticed before.

When I came home, reading the newspaper reminded me that it is Father's Day, which made me realize that this year not only is my father gone (since 1987), but the father of my boys is too. It's a new feeling for them, having their dad no longer on this earth, and my heart aches for them.

Well, that's what I can tell you about today for me. I hope by tonight that when you talk about today, you find you're talking about something that makes you happy. If you're not, well, don't panic. Soon today will be yesterday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?