Quick One

No, "Quick One" is not a self-reference. It is a description of this post. I've been absent from this space for what feels like a long time. Partly that's because I've been scattering my attention in many different ways, such scattering which is not conducive to coherent blogging. And it's partly because Blogger has changed its format (new! improved! annoying!), and the last time I tried to post all I could get was a mysterious error message that appeared after what I typed faded in and out like something out of Ghost-Busters.

Anyway. Just to report--yes, I'm still a bit injured, and yes, I'm still run/walking. But I'm in what feels like a stable place with the running. As long as I can continue the way I am, I'm okay. I'm not moving fast but do seem able to move far. Run/walking 8 miles doesn't seem to disrupt the infrastructure (hips, glutes, back, et al) any more than run/walking 3 miles. So I'm seriously considering participating with my team in the upcoming Marin 10K--not to set any PRs but to be with the pack once again, something I've sorely missed over these long, injury-plagued months.

I'll let you know how it goes!


Ohlone Greenway update: The BART track portion of my regular running route is still torn up (seismic retrofitting) and seems like it will be for a long time to come. BUT! The two blocks of new path are verrrrrry close to finished. Every time I run by the chain-link barrier I roll my eyes heavenward and say oh please oh please oh please be open soon. I get more excited about trails than I used to get about beer, and that's pretty darned excited.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?