Looking Up, Looking Down, Looking All Around

First, the looking up part. You may remember the bare neighborhood tree I photographed and was talking to in late winter (yes, for those of you new to this blog, I talk to trees--plenty of time here for you to move on to a different site), telling it not to panic because its leaves would be coming soon. If you're with me this far, you may also remember that I took another picture of it on the morning I congratulated it on having some lacy young leaves on its recently barren branches. 



Here's picture number three--taken on my 4.25-miler early this morning. The lace has turned to a blanket of green, and the tree stands tall and proud. Summer is almost here!

Now, about the looking down. I can't explain why I love what I see beneath my feet, but love it I often do. I go for days, weeks, even, not looking down, so that when I do it's like seeing a secret world, but a secret world that has been there in plain sight all along. (Do click on this one to enlarge.)

 

This is another photo from this morning, taken at the end of a run that was pretty much pain free. Oh, happy me.
 

Finally, and this is the looking all around segment of the post, I did the Marin Memorial 10K on Sunday with the great team of ducks I like to hang out with. It was my first race of the year so I took it easy--but it was about as much fun as a girl can hope to have.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?