Trees a Crowd

I had it on my schedule to run this morning but knew by the time I went to bed last night it wasn't going to happen. Did an 8-mile run-walk Sunday and my piriformis was telling me a-a-a-all about it. Tomorrow I see Dr. Jess at 9 a.m., and I'll do a short run before I head over there. 

On my recent runs near to and far from home, I've realized I am still besotted with trees. We'll see how long it lasts. If I'm lucky, for the rest of my life.

 

On my Sunday run, because the BART tracks path is blocked off for BART seismic work, I ran on the street rather than under the railway. Imagine my surprise when I passed these huge beauties, towering over the track! I've only been running beneath them for, oh, maybe 30 years. I just haven't noticed how big they've gotten. Lovely!

So this morning I slept in a bit and went on in to work. I've had it in my mind for a few weeks to try a tai chi class at the gym, and today seemed like it might be a good day for it--and a way to make up for skipping a run. I've tried yoga (many times). I've tried mat Pilates (once--thought I'd die from the combined pain and boredom). When I went into the tai chi studio, the instructor, Zach, asked me why I wanted to take the class. I told him tai chi seemed graceful and peaceful. He replied with a smile, "Graceful and peaceful. Yes." 

Well, I'm here to tell you it was both these things. I'll be back, Zach. I found an hour of tai chi so energizing that later in the afternoon I slipped out the office door and climbed up the Filbert Steps to Coit Tower and back.

 

On my way up to Coit Tower I realized that there are worthy views from the steps that don't involve panoramas of the SF Bay. This view was green enough for even tree-hugger me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?