Popping Up for a Moment

I feel like a mole. Or a vole. Or a groundhog, even. One of those creatures that lives in impossibly tangled tunnels beneath the earth and only occasionally sees the light of day.

Too much time has gone by unaccounted for in this space for me to even think of extricating myself from my subterranean burrow and catching up. I do have a collection of phone photos taken in the course of my unintended hiatus, but they all need to be accompanied by explicatory narrative, narrative I'm at this point unable to supply with muc
h éclat.

Let's see what we have:

The USATF-PAC team I've joined through my running club. As part of my earlier-expressed desire to run more and specifically to run more with other people, I participated in the Zippy 5K in Golden Gate Park last month. It was great to be with the newly formed team and great to race with more than my personal interests in mind.

The Team

The Start of the Men's Race

Then I have some photos from various solo runs I've done. Among them was a run from my house to the King track to do some "speed." This endeavor went well until the sky opened up as I was running home after my workout.


This isn't usually a waterfall--normally it's some plain old stairs. But it was raining buckets; I got wet.


I took refuge at the playground.

This bunny made me smile, if damply.

In other happenings, I ate mostly vegetarian for the month of April. It was an interesting experiment, one that I'm now faced with turning into a way of life. I'm just beginning to realize that I'm looking at a large and far-reaching committment.

Finally, Here's an animal riddle for you. How does a kitty-cat who has no front claws and has only one tooth left in his entire head catch and kill two mice in a three-day period? Only last week, Danny Mo did just that. We know the mice were alive before he got hold of them because we heard him chasing them all over the house in the middle of the night. We also know that by morning (two mornings, that was), they were very much not alive. One he left by the front door so I could step on it--thank heaven for bedroom slippers--and the other he deposited at the foot of our bed. If you think you can answer this riddle, feel free to do so.


The mighty hunter rests after one of his wild nights. And whose pillow do you think that is? Hint: It does not belong to Z.



Comments

Bob said…
Danny's giving you gifts. Though you probably know that, Cousin Nancy could tell you all sorts of stories.

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?