In With the Old!

I just gave myself a laugh. Because it's a new year, I was thinking I should change my blog template. I scrolled through the selection of models that can be plugged in as-is (no annoying tinkering needed). Hmmm. Like Goldilocks sampling the porridge, I found them all too hot or too cold. Until--I came across the one that was just right! You're seeing it now. Yup, I picked out the one I'm already using.
This is how I felt today. (Tortoise courtesy of the Los Angeles Zoo.) I was trying to be in a New Year's frame of mind as I ran in the rain, but mind and body were 100 percent tortoise. One reason I'm compelled to run is that it tells me so much about myself. It's impossible to fake a good run. So today I slogged along, happy to be running with my friend M and her great pooch, but cold and sad somewhere deep inside myself. Like the Beachboys, I live for the sun, the literal and the figurative one.








Comments

Bob said…
Happy New Year! And see you soon. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?