Time Flies Like the Wind...

...and fruit flies like bananas. Both parts of that statement are true, so now you have your little bit of veritas for the day.

This is a quick update. I can't believe I've let so much time go by between posts. Whew. Anyway, I believe that when I last checked in I was bemoaning the pain of a gimpy left knee (my left knee, to be specific). The pain did seem to go on and on, but I'm happy to say that it's felt better over the past few days. I don't think I hurt it running the marathon--more likely I did it when in my post-race exuberance I did a hilly street run followed by a 10-mile run followed by a Tilden 8.5 miler. I forgot to consider my trusty hinges. They're trusty, not titanium, so they can get rusty (only said that because it meant I could use trusty and rusty in the same sentence--forgive?). Anyway, I did a 6-miler yesterday and felt fine during and after the event.

While I've been busy not blogging, I've been working a lot and eating a lot (they seem to go hand in hand sometimes). More fun than any of that was when my favorite nephew and his wife came to visit for a couple of days over the weekend. Went to a ball game. Went for a ramble. He mentions their visit in his blog, so check it out if you'd like.

I also read a stunning book, Housekeeping, by Marilynne Robinson. It's hard to pin down what made it so compelling, but I believe it was the adjectives. She created a sensory world that became palpable and recognizable to me, even though I was sure I'd never been there.

I also had a headache for two days and howled like a baby coyote for most of that time. I, like many other humans, hate being sick and don't suffer it in silence.

So I'm happy that for this day, I'm feeling healthy and shiny. And today is all there is, right? So keep on smiling, you.

Ps. Took the above picture on the aforementioned 6-mile run. It's the second time since I've been documenting my running life with my phone that I've found a subject of interest by looking down instead of up or around. Sorry I missed that Dog Jog--coulda been fun!

Comments

Sunshine said…
Have been reading your posts.
I like fruit flies like bananas.
Thanks for the book review. I read what Amazon had about it. Thanks for the link.
And thanks for your support on my food post. I get a little nervous about putting all those opinions out there.

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?