Back to Back

We paws for a moment to bring you the above photo. This was taken yesterday when I squeezed in a 4-miler before a busy day began. I wore my new shoes, which made my gimpy left knee happier than it's been for a while. Who'd have thought an eighth of an inch of rubber sole (the amount that was worn off the heels of my old shoes) could make such a difference.

Anyway, I had so much fun that I decided to do the same run again this morning. It was cool and foggy in the early a.m., which imbued my running experience with a gentleness that made for a peaceful introduction to the day. I value the effects of such salubrious intervals as I careen from the private life into the public, a life in a marketplace that is filled with too many things and and too many people to greet with much equanimity.

Today's run was a little more work than yesterday's, but I was happy to find that the only stop sign I had a close encounter with had been rendered pretty ineffectual. More ineffectual than pretty, really.
May all impediments be that way on this day for you and me--except for the ones that hold back the oncoming vehicles when we're crossing the street!


Comments

Sunshine said…
This picture, not so lovely.
But oh what great news about the new-shoe fix for the knee.
Happy running.

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?