First day

Seems appropriate that starting my running blog has been a process marked by glitches. Couldn't remember my magic passwords; forgot to bring my notes to work with me; ran out of time to fool with it. This hiccoughing process is like my running has been the last few weeks. I have a plan, a schedule, and then either it rains or time runs out or the gym is closed (like last night) -- and my plan is on hold.

But this morning I did get in a run. At 4:35 a.m. I was out the door. I love running early, in the dark, on a empty stomach, before the day has filled up my head. I went 5.5 miles -- which will still leave me short of my goal for this week of 22. Right now I'm at 11.5, with rain in the forecast and too many tasks to do.

Here I am at work, playing hookey from the serious business of bringing beauty and quality to the wonderful world of bookmaking. Clarification: I'm not a bookie -- I am a publishing production editor. Maybe being a bookie would be more profitable???

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?