No rain on me

Up early again this morning, as on Wednesday. When I caught the bus at 6:51, in the dark, in the rain, the driver asked me where I was going. When I said to work, he wanted to know why. He gestured to his rear and I realized there was no one on the bus but me! We did pick up two more before we hit the bridge, but that was it.
I want to have an easy day so I can do 10 miles tomorrow morning. I'd thought I'd walk out to Bay and Mason this morning to find the SF Trader Joe's, but then I realized it wouldn't be open this early. So here I am, alone in the office.
I'm sure one reason I love distance running is for its enforced solitude. Being alone has rarely been an uncomfortable state for me. I like the feeling of mental spaciousness evoked by a dearth of company. There are those who would emphatically confirm my mental spaciousness, but I won't bring them up by name.
I am not a fast runner. When I train I do it by time and then in my log give myself a mile for every 11 minutes run. I can pick it up a bit in races, sometimes clocking sub-10's for the shorter distances.
Am hoping to do the TJ walk later today -- although it's raining cats and dogs. Don't step in a poodle, y'all.

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?