Spooky Day

Actually, it wasn't that spooky, although I did take the photo for this post yesterday, which was Halloween. This face? Well, I'm not saying it was watching me, but I wouldn't say oh no if someone told me it was ALIVE. Me? Scared? Bwah ha ha!

I'm writing to let you know that something that's not a face or a bird is haunting me--a poletrgeist in my legs. I seem to have Restless Leg Syndrome, a truly creepy feeling in the legs that occurs at night when I want to sleep. It started the night after the Humboldt Half (11 days ago) and has plagued me constantly since then. This on top of my recent attack of the soy-allergy rash has me whining. Like a banshee, you might say--but please don't.

Today is a new day, and tonight's bedtime a new bedtime. If any of you (all 8 of my readers) has any tips on how to make my legs stop doing the bunny hop while I'm in bed (oops, wrong holiday), please go to my FB page and share. I'm cutting way back on caffeine, stopping my Allegra for a few days, hydrating, and using a heating pad. These are all suggestions I found online, where we all know resides the holy grail of information, Google.

I feel the soy thing and the legs thing are both subjects for a running blog because they both have a large effect on the infrastructure that transports me, the runner, across (I can only hope) long distances. One website listed restless legs as a sleep disorder, and from my corner of the bunched-up bedclothes, I say well, that's for sure. I'll be running this weekend (soy free and almost caffeine free), and we'll see how it goes.

The bonus photo to the left is something even scarier than the face above. It's an image of all my running logs lined up on a shelf in my home office. I started running so long ago that there was no such thing as an online log. There wasn't actually an online anything, and I had to write by candlelight. Okay, I made that last part up. 

I have nothing profound to say about these ordinary books that chronicle so many years of my blood, sweat, and tears. In the contemporary vernacular: They is what they is.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?