Slow Run, Quick Post

Did my third Slow-Zone run this morning, that outing where once a week I leave my Garmin on the shelf and just lollygag and shuffle for a few miles and then go home. I went out for only three (or so) miles this time, as I was feeling a bit fatigued. The idea of the S-Z run is to recover, anyway, not to tear up the trail with blazing speed.

So today I went out the Ohlone Greenway to the chickens (what Z and I call the quail sculptures at the bridge over Codornices Creek) and then back, a total distance Garmin has repeatedly told me is three miles. 




One of the features of a S-Z run is that I allow myself to follow that ever-present impulse to take pictures, be they silly or serious or somewhere in between. 

Another feature is that there are no restrictions on features. This morning I added the activity of running backward for a while. Then I tried running three steps with eyes open, three with eyes closed (did this on a newly paved, open straightaway displaying no discernible obstructions). It was a morning for losing all self-consciousness--after all, there was no one out and about except for me. 



Oh yeah, and this sad soul, who was dolefully awaiting my return to the home block. Cheer up, missy--it's a Slow-Zone kind of a day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?