Left Is Right...

...and up is down. As I recover from my hip injury (Fifteen weeks! It's taken fifteen freaking weeks!) I find myself favoring my entire left leg from waist to toenails. Well fine, you say. But by being so out of balance I seem to have tweaked my right hamstring. So when I went for a run (!) this morning I couldn't decide which body part to baby.

I decided to be a LION and baby neither. I actually had a fine run. Five miles. Even two weeks ago that distance seemed like an impossible dream.

In other news, I swore I wasn't going to blog again until I finished the freelance editing job I'm working on. But my flip-phone photos are piling up and crying out to go for a cruise in the ether. So here are a few from July. I'm closing that folder and starting on August (the above is the first and only one for August, so far).
.On July 19, I ran from the chicken...

...to the graffiti and back, a distance of about two miles. Woo woo!

On July 22 Boomer, my favorite nephew, blew into town. We did a fine bike ride, and he only crashed once. (I did NOT laugh. Really.)

Funny thing happened to me on July 26. I biked / walked / ran all the way to the track at Cougar Field. On my way back I stopped and bought a bagel and, and in a moment of empathy for overworked, underpaid people everywhere, tipped the counter clerk a dollar, which was more than the price of the bagel.

On the trip home, two blocks from my house I looked down and saw not one but two dollars lying on the pavement. Now I'm not saying my karma was healthy that day, but I did get home with a smile on my face.




Comments

Sunshine said…
Fifteen freaking weeks!!
Do I relate?!
For me, it is fifteen freaking weeks today.. and I am freaked.

I appreciate your posts, as ever.
And appreciate your companionship on the journey.. but am oh so sorry you are on a similar one.

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?