News From the Road

As in, the road (the path?) that's this life. It seems at a glance to stretch out smooth, but can always surprise.

Too much going on. The worst and the best recent happenings: Z had major surgery (worst) and is recovering nicely (best). He had the most impressive IV stand I've ever seen!

While he's been in the hospital (since April 3) I've done a little working, a little running and a (very) little swimming.

Last Saturday I ran tired and took a fall that has me limping around on a sore left hip. I'm having to give up my plans for racing in May, I'm afraid. But the realities of the past ten days have made the evaporation of those plans oddly moot. I know I'll run again after I've healed, and even if for some reason I don't run again soon, I know I'll be fine.

Ps: The swim was so fine!

Mr. Danny Mo has kept everything in perspective. He is working on perfecting his cat nap technique and appears to be close to succeeding.

Danny Mo is a good role model for this over-hyper human. He has no claws, no teeth, and weighs only about 10 pounds. Yet he remains calm in most situations--confounding his attackers with his Buddha-like serenity.





Comments

Liz said…
Danny Mo is definitely a very zen cat and I wish I had half his calm aura.
Sunshine said…
So good to see an update from you!

Sorry sorry about your fall. This probably sounds strange.. but I will miss thinking about you running the Av.

Relieved to know Z in recovering in fine style.
That is one amazing IV apparatus.

Best wishes for healing to you both. Some of the good stuff we learn from our cats.

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Out & Back