Where's Elizabeth West?

Elizabeth will be back someday, perhaps as the author of a best-selling novel.

As part of a New Year's campaign to be more accountable, I've decided to abandon my nom de guerre for the purposes of this blog. Yep, Elaine is me--now you have the Full Monty. To borrow from Stephen Colbert, may this be the beginning of many posts of truthiness.


As your reward for reading this post, here is the special gift of an image I captured today from one of my favorite webcams. Note that in the image the time is 9:13 am. I believe I've posted a Chita image previously (maybe a couple of years ago?) but I wanted to do it again. Chita is in Siberia. Chita is always cold and usually dark. Its citizens, who carry on their daily lives as if they are living someplace reasonable, are for me the embodiment of courage, so I love watching them lurch around as the camera updates the scene every eight seconds.

As you enjoy our current chilly weather, just realize that if a Chita native came here today, she'd probably be so warm she'd throw on a bikini and head for the pool. Or she'd go for a run in minishorts (had to add that just in case you're wondering what on earth this whole post has to do with running).

Cheers to you,
Elaine

Comments

Gorgeous Nerd said…
It's currently 14F here, and it's due to get colder, but I'm sure Siberia hits temperatures at least twenty degrees colder regularly. I'm just relieved this is less than common.

I think it's nifty that you shed your online persona like that. I'm not quite comfortable with the idea of blurring my identity lines quite yet, but I hope I will be one day.
Bob said…
This is why people like you: you're brave and don't hide behind facades.
Also, you can now say, "My name is Elaine and this is my seventh day of publicity." ;)
Anonymous said…
Interesting city, sister to Boise Idaho. Nice to see a bold new personal direction Elaine, if that is your real name. ;) Just realized that some of my ultra important comments are missing. harumph Oh well lets try it. Love, love.
Sunshine said…
Hello, Elaine!
Whatever the name, I'll enjoy your writing and your pictures.
Best wishes.
Elaine Merrill said…
Yay! I love comments. Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers