Back from the East Coast

I just spent three-plus days in New England. On the first of those days, before rain and wind blew through, there was still some lovely fall color on display.The above trees grace Providence, RI, while the children below dance their perpetual ring-around-the-rosie at Eastern Connecticut State University, alma mater of Z's wonderful daughter.Below is one more snippet of color. There are many advantages to living in the upper part of the Left Coast, but showy fall foliage isn't one of them.
I ran twice while I was back there. I used to have a great deal of trouble getting out the door when I traveled. I had it in my mind that I was jet-lagged, was fatigued, was weak and disoriented, and on and on and on. Then about five years ago I decided no, no. There was no real reason not to just get out of bed and go for a run, regardless of where I was or how tired I might have been. When I did run back in my delicate-flower-of-travel days, I usually made only 3 miles. But now I just take my regular run. I did 4.25 miles Fri. and 5 on Sat. Not a big deal. I got home last night about 10:30 but was still able to do 4.5 this morning. I'm chagrined to realize how much of my ability as a runner originates between my ears, even though I prefer to think it's more a function of having a ripped and macho body. Hee hee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?