Where I've Been (Again)

May 23 (last night): The A's stream onto the field to congratulate each other on their 3-0 defeat of the World Champion Red Sox at the Oakland Coliseum. That's where I've been most recently. It was a thoroughly satisfying game for an A's fan, well played, with the team that was better for the moment winning. Who would have thought Justin Duchscherer would channel Cy Young.

Our dear friends from New England have been with us for four days. Can't quite figure out why they didn't share my enthusiasm over last night's game.

Other places I've been lately? I'd say a lot of the places are uninteresting, consisting of various desks and computers where I could be spotted with my head down and my eyes crossed over pieces of recalcitrant prose that needed coaxing into readability.

I've also been swimming a bit at King Pool in Berkeley, as well as running gingerly on some dirt paths and tracks. It turns out the tweaking of my hamstring at the Ave marathon was a little more severe than I realized, so I've been taking it easy running since I last reported here.

It's fun to ignore my watch and wander into different exercise venues for a change. As you can see, I even made a new friend. He lurks in the tall grass, ever-alert for prey, and always impeccably shod in snow-white boots.

My resolve to update this blog more frequently (and with more honesty) remains firm, but life has a way of interfering with my good intentions. It's the Sunday of a three-day weekend, and you'd think I'd have nothing else to do. Alas--you'd be wrong.

I have more photos and (a few) more thoughts, so I'll end with a promise to self to post again tomorrow. Have a good weekend, y'all, and stay out of those cars.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?