Update (It's All about Me)


Haven't meant to leave this blog hanging--have just been very busy.

I was all set to do a final long run last Friday, but by the time I went to bed Thursday I had a sore throat. Friday there was no question of my setting out for a multi-hour run. Finally did go out yesterday (Sunday), but only (ONLY) for three hours instead of the hoped-for four or five. I finished in reasonable shape, but boy do I feel like crud today. I'm at work for my part-time corporate employer, but the jobs are unaccountably slow in coming--so here I am. The first half of my run yesterday was really lovely despite my being a bit stuffed up. One skill I've perfected as a runner is spitting (that and blowing my nose with my fingers --ewww). That's possibly the only upside of running with a cold: colorful sputum. Oops, sorry. The only nervous-making ailment I came up with (down with?) was that my left hip began to ache somewhere around mile 11 (did about 15 all together). But I was able to stretch it and walk on it, and it wasn't debilitating. That's what a runner always hopes to say -- "Well, it wasn't debilitating."

Anyway, I figure in the next three weeks I'll get over my cold, do a few easy runs, and end up strong on May 6. I'll keep you posted -- really.

Ps. Those are my old shoes up in the corner there. I'm going to have a shoe burning because I bought a new pair of Saucony's that I'm breaking in for the big day. The meaning of life is -- comfortable shoes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to Make Lemonade

By the Numbers

Where's Elizabeth West?